Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
19th March, 2020
Here at DAHS we care about your health. During these uncertain times we want to let you know that we are still open for business.
It’s important for all our clients to be on top of their health, especially those with diabetes. We are here to help.
We are following the Department of Health Guidelines on personal hygiene:
- We are cleaning all touchable surfaces 2-3 times a day;
- We have hand sanitizer and hand washing facilities available for clients and staff;
- We will have masks available to those who need them.
If you have an appointment with us and have been overseas in the past two weeks or are experiencing any flu like symptoms, please call our practice before your appointment on 0478 742 689 to discuss the best option for you.
We also have online or phone appointments available to those clients who are experiencing flu like symptoms, or who would rather not come in to the practice for their appointment.
Ingrid is providing extra support to those clients who have diabetes by:
- Providing free monitors and educating on their use;
- Developing Sick Day Plans;
- Completing 6-month Authority forms so clients can access strips for their meters.
It is important for people living with diabetes to be aware that an infection can impact your diabetes management. If diabetes is NOT well managed during this time you are at a higher risk of developing complications and infections.
Ingrid can support you and provide advice on the best way to keep your blood glucose levels within healthy target ranges to minimise your risks.
Freda our Dietitian is also providing extra support
Clients can complete a food diary via Easy Diet Diary* and Freda will:
- Run an analysis on the diet you have provided to ensure you are eating the healthiest food to maintain good health;
- Offer dietary advice;
- Provide a meal plan (additional cost for this).
* All of this can be done either online or over the phone.
Our online / phone consult fees are $60.00 for 30-45 mins
No Medicare Rebates available at this point in time.
Credentialed Diabetes Educator